KMF Author Services
Our author services are fast, accurate, and competitively priced. All manuscripts are welcome to use our services no matter if they aim for KMF journals or not. For English editing, all manuscripts are edited by native speakers who will help to improve grammar and phrasing at any stage prior to publication. We offer the following services:
English Editing Services
- Regular Edit: We will check the grammar and phrasing of your paper. Completed within 3 business days.
- Specialist Edit: Includes all features of the Regular Edit, followed by a check of subject-specific terms and style by an expert in your research field. Completed within 5 business days.
- Layout Editing: We will prepare your submission for publication in a KMF journal. Completed within 2 business days.
- Plagiarism Check: We will generate a report showing text duplication and potential plagiarism, along with advice on where to modify text and add further citations. Completed within 2 business days.
News and Updates
- We are pleased to announce KMF. More information can be found in the announcement. Follow us on LinkedIn: You can now get writing tips, publishing advice and more from our Author Services team.
Receive an Instant Quote
How to conduct a word count:
- Include the main text; figures and tables; appendixes.
- Exclude the author names and affiliations, and references.
All content, excluding the affiliations and references sections, will be included in the word count.
Get a quote and submit
How many words does your manuscript have? (Including the main text and appendixes, excluding the main title, author names and affiliations, and references.)
If the manuscript is under review for a KMF journal, please enter the manuscript ID.
Select your preferred currency
Type of service
Level of language editing
Which editing option should I choose?
- The kind of editing you require will depend on your own ability in English and academic writing, and your time constraints.
- The most comprehensive edit is the “specialist edit” which includes grammar and style points. We will look at the overall structure and clarity of your writing. Note that the specialist edit is not currently available in all subject areas.
- If you are confident about your writing style and the structure of the document, but want to have grammar and complex expressions checked, choose the “rapid grammar check”. If you need to meet a short deadline, this is the quickest option.
- To save time in preparing your submission to KMF journals, you can choose the “layout editing” option. This can be carried out independently or with one of the other editing options.
- If you want to check for evidence of plagiarism in your work, you can select the ‘Plagiarism check’ box.
What kind of papers can you edit?
- Microsoft Word and LaTeX papers are accepted for editing. For LaTeX, upload a zip containing all of the files necessary to compile to a PDF, including any figures, .bib and .sty files.
How do I upload my manuscript?
- Complete any revisions and accept any tracked changes. The uploaded file should be the final one that will be edited. We may start editing immediately after you submit, so we cannot guarantee to accept a later version if you upload the wrong file.
- Count the words to be edited in your paper (see below).
- Go to the “Get a quote and submit” section at the top of this page, enter the word count and get a quote. A “Submit” button will appear, and you can click on it to enter your details and upload your file.
How do I perform a word count?
- We only count the words that need to be edited, so when you do a word count make sure you remove sections like the bibliography, author names and affiliations, and a long tables that don’t contain text that needs editing. Text in figures will usually not be counted by Microsoft Word.
- For LaTeX papers, KMF provides a word count tool in our submission system (requires login).
- If you want an ithenticate/Turnitin check for your paper, we strongly recommend including the bibliography with the submitted paper, i.e., reinserting it after the word count. This will help us to determine whether the references you cite are appropriate.
What is the maximum length that you can edit?
- There is no fixed limit, but for papers longer than 10,000 words please contact us before submitting your paper.
How much does it cost?
- You can get a quotation using the box at the top of this page. The cost of language editing depends on the number of words in your manuscript. Formatting your manuscript is offered a fixed price, independent of the length of your paper. Plagiarism checking is also offered at a fixed price.
Which payment methods are available?
- An invoice will be sent to you shortly after you submit your paper. Payment can be made in US Dollars (USD), Euros (EUR), or British Pound Sterling (GBP) by either bank transfer, mobile banking, MTC/MTN (Western Union, Money Gram and so on), credit card, or Paypal.
Can I track my paper after submitting it for editing?
- You can login the submission system to check the progress of your edit.
What is included in the layout editing service?
- We will reformat your manuscript for submission to any KMF journal, including checking that the text uses the KMF house style. We also reformat references and look for missing information in the references and main text. Please note that the layout service does not include the conversion of the Harvard referencing style to the Vancouver referencing style. This service does not include any checking of the language, but can be selected with or without language checking.
What is included in the rapid grammar check?
- This level of editing is acceptable for submission to and publication in most journals. We will edit your writing to be grammatically correct, and remove awkward and ambiguous sentences. Your voice and choice of words will be kept where possible. Correct use of discipline-specific terms is not guaranteed and we do not rewrite prose.
- This is a three-day service.
What is included in the specialist edit?
- The specialist edit is our most comprehensive service. It includes all the features of the grammar check. In addition, you will receive editing and feedback relevant to the overall structure and clarity of expression in your document, along with a check of other elements of scientific writing.
- The specialist edit takes five business days to complete.
What is included in the plagiarism check?
- If you select a plagiarism check, your manuscript will be checked using the industry standard software. You will receive an annotated report, including advice on parts of the manuscript that should be changed. A guide to plagiarism and reports is available here.
- The plagiarism check takes 24 hours to complete and will only be started after payment has been confirmed. If there are issues that need to be addressed, you will be able to revise and resubmit your paper before English or layout editing.
Under what circumstances will you not edit my paper?
There are several reasons we may not be able to edit your paper:
- The file is corrupted or the text is not easily editable.
- The file is not an academic research paper. While we can edit responses to reveiwers and cover letters along with a paper, we do not edit theses, dissertations, essays, or books.
- Your manuscript is not written in English, or has been translated using automatic software such as Google Translate.
- Payment is not received in a reasonable amount of time. If you know in advance that it may take some time, for example due to bureaucracy at your institution, please contact us to let us know. It may be possible to return your edited paper to you if you provide evidence that payment has been made.
Who do I contact if I have questions or feedback?
For any inquiries, please contact our English editing help desk.